FW: [thelist] [OT] global rolling blackout

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Mon Jun 4 21:55:53 CDT 2001

Personally, I don't think this group should post OT posts on political
issues.

Knowing the situation in California was caused by the Liberal politicians
and their outrageous policies in banning Power Plant production in the past
two decades...hence, not enough power. (2 plus 2 equals 4) Not enough power,
higher prices. Of course, price controls won't help, why? If I make and sell
bread for a living at $1 a loaf, and the Government tells me I've got to
sell it at $.75 a loaf, I'll sit on savings for awhile and sit on my supply
(And my investors damn well expects me to). What does that create, hmm, less
supply, hence, even higher costs. Yup, let's go back to Jimmy Carters way of
solving the gas crisis... and let's be real. Bush never ran California. It's
been run by a Liberal Governor, who by the way, went way overboard on
"..efficiency, conservation, alternative fuels (??)." Thus, instead of
voluntary rolling blackouts, he gave California 'unavoidable' blackouts.

I could not let this post go...but I say for now on, no more Political
discussions here. (I'd be forced to respond and I'd rather not use this
excellent forum on IT discussions for other discussions, especially one of
sensitive subject matter.)

Peace.

Dan O.
http://www.drudgereport.com