[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Jun 5 08:12:47 CDT 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

One of the chief benefits of separating content from presentation
with templates is that you can change the presentation wrapping
on the fly, as well as when you implement a redesign.

2 useful situations when this is useful:
1) Printer-friendly versions (even to the extent of using pt, rather than
px
   in stylesheets). Examples:
   http://evolt.org/CMS_for_business/
   -vs-
   http://evolt.org/CMS_for_business/?format=print

2) Different templates for different browsers, so that you don't need
   to upset users of earlier browsers or platforms which render type
   at different sizes.

It's kind of what I'm angling at here:
http://evolt.org/CMS_for_business/#comment6159

Cheers