[thelist] Components in ASP - Timing an event

Shaun M. Anderson ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com
Tue Jun 5 14:19:47 CDT 2001

Is it possible to have something run everyday at a given time?

I'm looking to copy text files off of the server onto a local drive (Form
submissions)

I'm tired of doing it by hand everyday @ 5:00, so this would be a nice
solution. (They get upset when I forget)

I have network access to the server (VPN), and the server is running IIS 4.
I can install a component on the server if I have too, but I'd rather do it
on my PWS so I can't get blamed when the server goes down. (Not a rare
occurrence)

If there is another, better/easier/whatever way to do this, I'd be open to
suggestions.

Thanks,
Shaun