[thelist] Mozilla being weird.

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Jun 6 09:44:04 CDT 2001

Tobyn,

> Okay, so I my page looks fabulous (:P) and validates beautifully and
> works wonderfully in IE6, NN 4 and Opera 5, yet all the images have some
> goofy transparent border-dealie around them in Mozilla .9. When I remove
> the DTD declaration, however, (4.01 Transitional) everything works fine
> in ALL browsers.

    You may be running into the rendering foibles of Mozilla's
standards-compliant mode. Removing the doctype declaration will cause
Mozilla to render the page in "quirks" mode, which is probably more
consistent with what you are expecting to see. For reference, you may want
to read an article I wrote some time back (and I suggest that you read the
comments that follow it for additional clarification) at:

<url-wrap>
http://www.evolt.org/article/Does_Netscape_6_Break_Your_Table_Layouts/17/442
7/index.html
</url-wrap>

    Without an url, though, I can't say for certain if this is what you are
experiencing.

James Aylard