[thelist] java script and forms

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Jun 6 12:12:11 CDT 2001

Oliver Lockwood wrote:
> I have a form and the variables for it are sent to another page like this:
> file:///C:/My%20Documents/Oli's%20Stuff/Dark%20Domain%20V1.3/brotherb.html?mfa=asdf&mfb=asdf&mfc=asdf&ffa=asdf&ffb=asdf&ffc=asdf&tv=asdf&food=asdf&animal=asdf&build=asdf&kitchen=asdf&song=asdf&country=asdf&fb=asdf&mb=asdf
>
> I'm just wondering how I actually recall these variables in the new page??
> This has had me thinking for a long long time and I've never worked it out
> or found out how to do it.  Can ne 1 help me!?

Your question begs the question: what do you want to *do*? It may be
that you're ready to enter cgi/perl/php/coldfusion/asp/jsp/ land. The
world of server-side processing. Client side is stuff like html, and
javascript, server side stuff are things like adding things to a
database, syndicating content, sending mail. And the interaction between
the two and knowing the right mix for your project is what's interesting
about building stuff for the web.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com