[thelist] Apache mod_auth

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Jun 6 17:30:20 CDT 2001

At 03:05 PM 6/6/2001, you wrote:
>Morn' gang:
>
>I am going to set to restricted realms on my client's site: Realm A is for
>testing and only procteted against robots and Realm B is the protected area
>for his foreign sales agents. Is it possible merging the dummie-User from
>Realm A into the authentication files of Realm B?

What exactly are you trying to do? You can have each Realm share a password
file, or you can write/use a Perl/CGI scrip to manage the two password
files for you. This way changes to Realm A are propagated to Realm B. Also
there are ways to use the "group" function to limit access between the two
sites and share the same password file.
----
Anthony Baratta
President