[thelist] Auto populated JS dropdown

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 6 21:24:34 CDT 2001

chris,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: CDitty
:
: I need to have a drop down box that lists
: all the months of the year.  In another box,
: the days of the month. When the user changes
: the month, the days drop down would be
: automatically updated to reflect the correct
: number of days for that month.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the most important thing to know is what year do you want this to reflect.
the number of days per month for february will be different based on your
answer.

i happen to have a solution that addresses all of this at once for you as it
has month, day, and year dropdowns.  i didn't happen to have something like
this, but it took me about 10 minutes to write from scratch.

http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/days_in_month.cfm

or for more fun, take a look at an ie5-only dhtml calendar widget i built

http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/calendar/

enjoy,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/