[thelist] tutorials for html email

Alicia Hsuing alicia.hsuing at provato.com
Thu Jun 7 11:55:57 CDT 2001

Can I save as a jsp?

::::::::::.....::::::::
   Thank You
    A l i c i a

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Cole [mailto:awcole72 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 9:32 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] tutorials for html email

I was asked to create a Holiday party invitation using HTML email last
Christmas.  The answer I was told by everyone was to change the header,
but
I couldn't figure out how to do that on my own.

A guy online from Australia suggested I create my html and save it as an

Outlook stationary.  You do this by saving your html document to the
stationary folder at \program files\common files\microsoft
shared\stationary.  Before you create your email, set the stationary to
your
document.  This worked for most scenarios, but was not consistent.

Some people only received the HTML code and others received all the
images
as attachments.  I never figured out a solution, but I hope this will
possibly set you in the right direction. I'm curious to see what the
answer
is.

HTH,
Aaron

Lisa wrote:
//
I don't want to start the thread again about the evils of html email. We
know that already. But my client wants one. He is a property agent and
wants
to be able to send an email that looks like a web page. I have searched
the
archives and done searches on google. I can't find a tutorial that tells
you
how to do it. I am using MS Outlook. I have set my format to send mail
as
HTML and not plain text. When I take my HTML code from the web page I
have
made and paste it into the new mail all it does is show the code. What
am I
missing?
If you have any good links to how to code and set up a html email I
would be
grateful.
I looked at webmonkey but that didn't tell you much apart from changing
your
header from plain to html.
When I search I am using the keywords html+mail. Am I using the wrong
keywords? All I get are pages on how to change the colour or font. I
don't
want that I want to be able to display a table with backgrounds and
pictures
etc just like a web page.
//