[thelist] x-windows

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 7 15:08:29 CDT 2001

Malcolm -

Make sure xfs is started first. Its the X Font Server, and you'll need
it to run X. If you're running redhat, /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start then
try running X

If that doesn't work, run through the X setup again using Xconfigurator
of xf86config

If you didn't get the right 'server'(think of an X server as your video
card driver), insert your CD, find the correct package and install it.

If you need help with any of that, just shout and include more detailed
information :)

<tip type="Linux HTML editors">

If you're new to Linux and looking for an editor that has syntax
highlighting and support for most development languages out there, check
out Bluefish from
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

</tip>

.djc.