[thelist] Flash "comments"?

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Jun 8 16:46:12 CDT 2001

At 3:01 PM 6/7/1, <sales at iibiz.com> wrote:
> So what exactly is it's purpose?

(I didn't see this text in the link you provided, so I'm just guessing what
the description is about.)

Some search engines, such as atomz.com, will peer inside SWF files to index
the raw text they find there. Other search engines don't, and so when you
"Publish" a SWF from the Macromedia Flash authoring application you can
choose an HTML template which receives each frame's text content.

Yes, once you have that raw text in your starting HTML document, it's good
to optimize it for the various search engine strategies... it's just an
easy way to get the text out of a SWF, that's all.

If you'd rather not have that text in the first place, then just choose
another HTML Template when publishing, or construct your own customized
template... it's the $MT parameter which controls if and where such
extracted text appears (see docs).

jd