[thelist] cflocation woes

Aaron Cole awcole72 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 23:44:47 CDT 2001

I'm currently building a password-protected site that utilizes a simple
cookie to track the user's id.

The index page has a form for the user to enter her username/password.  The
action page then performs an INSERT and sets a <cfcookie>.

I finish off the action page with a <cflocation> which points back to the
index page.

For some reason the index page doesn't recognize the cookie.  However, if I
comment out the <cflocation> and use a simple href on the action page that
has to be manually clicked, no problem.

I thought it was a caching problem, but neither refreshing nor adding a
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0"> tag does the trick.

I'm at a loss.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA,
Aaron