[thelist] win32 mysql and perl dbi

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Mon Jun 11 00:19:18 CDT 2001

Hi again,

I decided to get smart and develop programs/scripts  on my local machine.
Ive got apache/mysql/php/perl all for windows downloaded and working
..except...
I cant seem to get perl to talk to mysql.  My script that is on the web
works fine and even when I change the shebang to reflect  windows perl it
still starts to run until it hits the first "SELECT: statement for mysql
then it comes up with "Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
c:\AUSSIE..." My method for connecting and disconnecting on the live site
works fine but for some reason it wont locally.  I know that mysql is set up
ok because I have PHP mysqlAdmin set up and running locally. Even if I
change my connect string around the best I can come up with is this:

Access denied for user: 'afischer at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.  Im hoping that when and if I ever
get it set up locally that the original plan of saving time while testing
will actually happen...

Thanks

Adrian Fischer