[thelist] cflocation woes

Aaron Johnson ajohnson at mindseye.com
Mon Jun 11 09:45:10 CDT 2001

hi Aaron,

Internally <cflocation> is sending a status code 302 to the browser and then
shoving the user to the new page... you can replicate this using CFHEADER
*AND* you can set a cookie:

	<!--- set your cookie --->
	<cfcookie name="myChocolateChipCookie" value="#someid#">
	<!--- now redirect the user to some page --->
	<cfheader statuscode="302" statustext="Object Temporarily Moved">
	<cfheader name="location"
value="http://#cgi.server_name#/default.cfm?asjksj=#createUUID()#">

You'll notice that I append a unique key to the redirect page. Nutscrape has
a nasty habit of actually showing the "Object Temporarily Moved" message to
end users, appending a unique key cures this.

HTH

Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I
Allaire Certified ColdFusion Developer
MINDSEYE, Inc.