[thelist] web hosting companies

Suellen Stringer-Hye Stringers at LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jun 11 10:32:47 CDT 2001

A big thanks to anyone who responded to me earlier request for
web hosting companies. I'm investigating many excellent
suggestions now.

<tip>
Even though a web hosting company advertises a backup and
restore service, don't count on them being able to retrieve the
necessary files, even though they claim to be able to.
</tip>

[SSH]
Hello,

I am currently hosting a website at jumpline.com. I have recently
had some difficulty with them and am possibly looking to move my
website to a different hosting service. Can anyone recommend a
web hosting service in the same price range? In particular, I have
been dissatisfied with their customer support. Is this just the norm
with web hosting companies or are there some that do better in
this department?

Suellen Stringer-Hye
Jean and Alexander Heard Library
Vanderbilt University