[thelist] RE:Linux Install ---:~(

McAtee, Malcolm MMcAtee at philamuseum.org
Mon Jun 11 14:19:08 CDT 2001

Thank you everyone for their previous help --

I went and bought a book on Red Hat Linux server 7.0 this weekend.
I have been trying to install 7.0 on a machine that has an existing 5.2
install.
I have created a boot disk and I have booted to the Linux 7.0 cdrom that was
included with the book as well as the cdrom
Which has the iso image that I downloaded from RedHat's site
And I receive the following error using both:

" Invalid or Corrupt Kernel Image"

Do I need to upgrade the Kernel??
Are both my cdroms corrupted?? (possible but not likely)

Help please----!

Malcolm