[thelist] Is there a solution for this?

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Mon Jun 11 16:16:31 CDT 2001

<<
Some old buddies of mine in Ohio have developed a site to "help out" folks
who have email access but not web access ... it's called "pagegetter.com".

[I found it particularly useful myself last year when wanting to search some
job ads without leaving a log trail through monster.com at the office.]

Check it out - give it a whirl - it's an interesting concept that just might
be applicable here.

It is very cool...but my main concern is getting the data back to my server.
I'm not very knowledgable about firewalls, and it seems to me that is a
company is blocking internet access, then they'd block port 80.  In this
case, the only way to get data back would be thru an email reply.

If I was to accept email replies, then I'd need to have a custom parsing
routine which could extract data from an email message.  This could be very
error prone...but it might be acceptable.

Is there any kind of listmanager software that let's you "plug in" your own
code?

Sort of like how the evolt list adds a "[thelist]" to the subject...but in
this case, letting me extract the data and insert into a database.

Thanks,

	Ryan Finley
	President - SurveyMonkey.com (http://www.surveymonkey.com)