[thelist] More flexible auto-run option?

Sergej Zoubok sqz1909 at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 11 19:44:44 CDT 2001

>Ive done something similar by writing a small helper in C++ that does the
>launching etc.  You could add an explore feature.
>Mine was heavily customized so its not worth sharing but take any simple
>console program as a starter.  You will have to make it a trusted application
>to avoid the save/download question.

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, the only programming I
do is in Perl (I'm hoping to tackle Java this summer but not in time
for this project). Can anyone suggest another alternative? I did come
across some other inexpensive auto-run utilities but none have the
flexibility I need.

Thanks again,

Sergej