[thelist] Help with a replace loop

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jun 12 12:02:42 CDT 2001

>e-mail      a way of sending messages over the Internet
>Internet    a global network of computers

um, okay, my trick with the blank is going to fail there too

how about this -- inside each title, place a throwaway character in front
of every word, to prevent those words from getting replaced

  e-mail      ~a ~way ~of ~sending ~messages ~over ~the ~Internet
  Internet    ~a ~global ~network ~of ~computers

then do your replace function, and then do one more where you replace the
throwaway character with nothing

oh, and as for catching terms at the front of the varcopy string, stick a
blank in front of that, too

rudy