[thelist] Help with a replace loop

sarah disaster7 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 12:44:03 CDT 2001

I've been playing with some stuff and I can't get it
to work 100%, but I think it's headed in the right
direction.

Basically, what you could do is use varcopy as a list,
using space as the delimiter. Then just loop through
those words individually and check them against each
keyword (which is nice, cause you can check exact
matches rather than doing a find), replace the words
with the link individually, and print them to screen
individually. I think that would be the only way
around such a problem. You have to do each word in
varcopy separately.

Hope that helps,
Sarah

Here's the code I was playing with, it just stupidly
repeats the linked words, I'm sure someone, somewhere
can figure out how to fix that. My mind isn't in the
right place today.

<cfset theString = "i am not quite sure how this is
going to work">

<cfloop index="x" list="#theString#" delimiters=" ">
	<cfloop index="keyword" list="quite,sure,going,work"
delimiters=",">
		<cfif keyword is x>
			<cfset currentWord =
ReplaceNoCase(x,keyword,'<cfoutput><a
href="#keyword#">#keyword#</a></cfoutput>',"ALL")>
			<cfoutput>#currentWord#</cfoutput>
		<cfelse>
		</cfif>
	</cfloop>