[thelist] Site Conundrum

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Tue Jun 12 13:48:59 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm *finally* getting around to doing my own site after being so busy working on
everyone else's <grin>, and I am having a problem with the direction I need to
take with my site.

My target audience is potential/existing small to medium business clients, *and*
professional design firms that need help from a freelancer/subcontractor.
Obviously, both audiences will be viewing the site at totally different
resolutions, need different types of information, and the design firms would be
privy to information I would not necessarily want clients to have (such as
strengths/weaknesses in programming languages, my resume, etc.)

Now, I have thought of having the whole shebang at one site where the visitor
picks which area to go into--but I'm not sure a potential client would really
know what to do...I'm playing with a tentative splash page design here:

BTW, I haven't optimized the images perfectly, it was thrown together in
Dreamweaver, and there's some graphics that still need font and color selections
perfected, so ignore everything but the general look and direction of it.
http://www.sitediva.com/sitetest/

Do you see enough guidance about which audience should go where--or do you think
I should just separate the audiences with two different sites, maybe
sitediva.net for the outsourcers, and sitediva.com for the clients??? Any input?

Has anyone else tried/succeeded/failed in catering to both audiences with one
site? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gina