[thelist] webmonkey redesign

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Thu Jun 14 14:12:33 CDT 2001

im going to go out on a limb here and plainly say that i dig the new
webmonkey. its a nice divergence from lame looking and poorly designed (both
in appearance and ue) "how i do that html stuff again" type sites.

being that i've referenced the site over the course of 5+ years, i think
their designs have gotten better with time, and them placing the info people
really want/need at the top is great. (beginners/builders/masters -- how to
library -- quick reference ... all really useful.

the text is readable and has a great "magazine" feel to it. especially for
the web.

and for history's sake .. wired has /always/ been responsible for absurd
color combos and crazy/slick printing methods (the iridescent orange papers
with silver inlays ring a bell?)

anyhoo, i think it fits them to a "t" and and glad to see their consistency
in doing edgy work.

        .. matt

        .. www.sweetillusions.org
        .. matt at sweetillusions.org

        .. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer