[thelist] ColdFusion file upload with MSIE Mac

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Fri Jun 15 11:15:26 CDT 2001

We've got a ColdFusion 4.5 application running under Windows NT 4.0. There
is a form that has anumber of text input fields and an input type="file"
field that allows the uploading of an image. When we try to use this form
with MSIE 5.0/Mac OS and do not specify a file to upload ColdFusion pukes
with an error, from what we can tell ColdFusion creates a temp file for the
upload even if no file is uploaded. (If we submit the form and do upload an
image, all works fine...) I'm guessing maybe MSIE 5.0/Mac OS is passing some
value in the form when it gets submitted. We can probably get around it by
checking if the temp file is zero k in size, but has anyone else seen this
problem? Is it a know issue?

Pete

For more information about Cygnus Business Media, please visit our
Web site at www.cygnusb2b.com