[thelist] Smart Tags: dumb idea

Lea leaevolt at viking.org.au
Sat Jun 16 03:54:31 CDT 2001

Saturday, June 16, 2001, 7:58:29 AM, Larry Groebe wrote:
> So I've created a button in the style of those "Best Viewed With..." buttons
> that you can add to your site if you wish. You can find it (along with some
> explanation to point your readers to) at:

> http://www.genericradio.com/smarttags

Ummm... unfortunately, that won't be entirely true.
If the user has set Smart Tags to Always Be On, then they will see
smart tags on your site anyway, even if you include the Meta tag to
disable them.

How about a button that actually says "Best Viewed without SmartTags"?
<g>

Lea
--
Lea Levy
Information Architect

*Error! paradigm shift without engaging clutch!*