[thelist] Smart Tags: Viewer liability?

Captain F.M. O'Lary ctfuzzy at canopy.net
Sat Jun 16 06:34:33 CDT 2001

For starters, if there is anything I am not its a lawyer.

It occurs to me that if the browser ships with the 'smart links' off (what
a misnomer huh?) and the VIEWER makes the choice to turn them on  . . .

who is *actually* modifying your content? The viewer who decided to modify
your content, or the Evil Bill? I'll just bet *his* legal department
already thought of that.

Just a thought.

May be that button should read: "If you have smart tags enabled while
visiting you could be subject to legal prosecution".

!! YIKES !!

The thought makes me visualize pictures of abject poverty and a global
kinda Armageddon thing.

Woa!
Fuzzy.
<now you see why>

At 04:51 AM 6/16/01 , you wrote:

>How about a button that actually says "Best Viewed without SmartTags"?
><g>
>
>Lea
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster at canopy.net
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's
newspaper, that's the time to do it.