[thelist] making div's 100% wide?

PageHealer pagehealer at pagehealer.com
Sun Jun 17 12:30:52 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Is there any way to specify a div as 100% width and actually have it fill
100% of the screen width? I have tried applying background colors to my
divs, and the color doesn't extend all the way to the right side of the
page. (I've also tried this in 100% tables within the 100%-width div, with
the same result.) If I make the div's width more than 100%, it works, but it
adds horizontal scroll bars. And when you scroll to the right, you still see
the ugly gap.

This is happening in both IE and NN, and the gap is wide; it's not just the
standard scrollbar-width gap that you sometimes get in NN.

I have already added rightmargin="0" to the body tag, just in case, but it
made no difference. What should I do to make this work?

Thanks
Emily