[thelist] Search Engine Article From InternetDay

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Tue Jun 19 03:10:46 CDT 2001

"Daniel S. O'Shea" wrote:
> Since I've been posting several questions lately, here's an article on
> Search Engine tactics from http://www.internetday.com/ I thought some on the
> List may find useful.
>
> 1. New META Tag: "Aesop"
>
> If you get nothing else from this article, get this. This new tag is popping
> up on sites all over the Net and will dramatically change the way people
> search.

Beware. The "Aesop Meta Tag" is a proprietary tag of the spider search
engine Aesop - see http://www.aesop.com/about.htm . AFAIK no other
spider or search engine does recognize their meta tag. There's no
documentation on the site what the syntax of the tag would be. To
generate an Aesop meta tag you have to give them your email. Ouch. Me
thinks it's just a rather lame marketing campaign.

I checked http://www.rankwrite.com and http://www.searchenginewatch.com
(IMHO top two SEO resources). Neither of them has mentioned Aesop.

Cheers,
Niklaus.

--
Niklaus Haldimann, Frontend Engineer