[thelist] Security Settings in IE

Svee, Eric eric.svee at attws.com
Wed Jun 20 14:42:16 CDT 2001

I'm running IE 5.5 on Windows NT, SP 6 and I have a very annoying problem.
ANY time I hit a .swf or .mov file I get prompted that there is an ActiveX
control and that the page might not display correctly--I have to use
Netscape for all of these pages (including Microsoft.com). I have gone to
security settings window and tried setting things to low and I have also
manually enabled certain options (ie. enable ActiveX) etc.  Then when I go
back to view the settings they are reset to medium.   Any ideas?

BTW I have admin rights over my box

Thanks