[thelist] Passing URL Value

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 20 15:30:57 CDT 2001

Clara Gruen wrote on 20/6/01 9:13 pm

>The question:  is there a javascript or some other easy way to capture the
>URL of a referring page so that it can be passed to the next page where the
>inquiry system starts?  I hope that makes sense.  Thanks for the help!

Clara

The referer is part of the information passed to the server by the
client in normal web interactions. Pretty much any server side
language/application such as Perl, PHP, ColdFusion or ASP can
get it.

Using a special plugin to get it is a sledghammer and nut combination

Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland