[thelist] margins help

Schaz schaz at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 21 03:40:31 CDT 2001

Background:
Government website, attempting to fit within Priority 1, 2 & partial 3
accessibility (needs to have full Priority 1 and 2 - we thought we'd
attempt to go partial 3 if possible).

Problem:
The site I'm currently working on has an SSI for the navbar (which sits
inside a table with a custom class attached to it) along the top and we
want this to sit flush left & top so the margins have been set 0 for left &
top in the linked css. This is where we have the problem - now all the text
is flushed left against the margin.

Is there a way of getting a margin for everything else but the SSI which
needs to be flush top & left?

What I've tried:
custom class with a left-margin of -5px and then "attaching" this to a div
around the call for the SSI - problem with this is then the navbar is 5px
short on the right-hand side of the page (navbar table is set to be 100%);
left-margin zero & text-indent of 10px - then I get a reverse hanging
indent on all the text

)O(
Giggles & Moonbeams
Schaz

- Get a taste for religion, Lick a Witch!