[thelist] ColdFusion - encode entities?

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Jun 21 23:12:56 CDT 2001

> pete,
>
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> : From: Pete Prodoehl
> :
> : Hello all, is there a way for ColdFusion
> : to encode characters to make things
> : 'query string friendly'?
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> sure, look into the function -- URLEncodedFormat()
>
> and, if you're running host is running cf v4.5+ then you'll need to use
> URLDecode() to return the encoded value back to a readable format
> (previous
> versions used to do that automatically for you).

Eh? What do you mean you have to decode it? No you don't. CF automatically
decodes the query string into URL parameters for you. You _can_, if you
want, decode CGI.QUERY_STRING, but you don't have to. (Your email makes it
sound like you have to if you are running CF4.5, this is not the case.)

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482