[thelist] HTML in email

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Fri Jun 22 08:05:08 CDT 2001

Do I hate anything more than unsolicited html email?

(OK, I'd rather get unsolicited html email than say, break my leg, but you
get my drift.)

But, for people who choose to receive it, it can be a pretty strong tool -

We do a number of newsletters for clients - strictly opt-in - that go out in
2 versions, html and plain text. Click-through rates for the html versions
are considerably higher, and the unsubscribe rates are lower -

So html email *used appropriately* (as with anything on the web) can work
well.

---

Jamie