[thelist] MS SQL Image Datatype and CF

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Fri Jun 22 09:45:07 CDT 2001

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using the Image datatype in MS SQL
Server for storing files? I am putting together an application that
allows clients to upload data files to a website. For security reasons I
would like to be able to place these files into the MS SQL database that
we are using (the database being encrypted).

However, I have no idea as to how to properly use this datatype. I am
using ColdFusion to access the db. Anyone have any experience doing
this?

/chris

Web Developer
www.completeimaging.com/chris