[thelist] [OT] New Firmware & noncompliant memory

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Fri Jun 22 12:17:02 CDT 2001

I just installed the firmware 4.1 update on my G4 and now it refuses to recognize my memory.  I've
heard of this before, but didn't think I had subpar memory.  The only options are to try to get
money back from the manufacturer or try to downgrade the firmware.  Anyone have expereince here?

 let this be a warning to those in search of cheap ram - Apple wont let you get away with it.

--

Cayley Vos, Principal

360.714.8395 office
360.223.7799 cell