[thelist] How to decrease the height of the form table

George Dillon evolt at georgedillon.com
Sun Jun 24 04:03:42 CDT 2001

> To my opinion, it is not a good idea to put heights and widths on your
> tables. I never do. Just put your content in it and let the browser decide
> how much space you need.

Cough! Splutter!

Fast-loading/compliant pages not your thing, Eveline? ;)

2 issues, Navin.  Whitespace inside the table cell and position of the form
tags.

To eliminate the whitespace make sure you have nothing (i.e. no line
returns) after your <TD> tag and before your </TD>.

To eliminate the extra height created by the form tags, put them OUTSIDE the
table cell tags.

Thus:

<TABLE BORDER="1" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" BGCOLOR="#9CB6D6">

<TR>

<FORM NAME="cascade" ACTION="#variables.url_unsecure#/index.cfm">

<TD WIDTH="500" HEIGHT="10">Product Categories:
<SELECT NAME="selList1" SIZE="1" onchange="fillSel(this)"
CLASS="mold_nav_dd">
<OPTION VALUE="selList27">Vulcanising</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE="selList28">Wax Injectors</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE="selList29">Wax Injection</OPTION>
</SELECT></TD>

</FORM>

</TR>
</TABLE>