[thelist] The Arabic Email (was: Re: [thelist] ÈÎÕæÕ ÇáÑÓÇÆá ÇáÊí Ýí ÈÑíÏí)

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Sun Jun 24 04:12:37 CDT 2001

Well, I got an Arabic-reader here to explain the whole deal.

Apparently, the original sender asked why was he getting email from evolt,
since he does not know English.

The 2nd was an answer that the mail was from the evolt mailing list (with a
URL), and apparently (it is not clear here) the original sender subscribed
somehow from http://www.ra7al.com/ , an Arabic CGI web site.

Very strange. It would be a good idea for the list admins to check into
this.

Shosh from Israel.

<tip author="Shoshannah Forbes">
When building a non-English web site, it is a good idea to mention the
language of the sites that you link to.
</tip>
<tip author="Shoshannah Forbes">
When writing Email/web page which is not in English, make sure to defined
the correct character encoding for the document, so the browser/Email client
can display it correctly (and so the user won't need to guess what language
the document is and change the encoding manually, like I did here)
</tip>
<tip author="Shoshannah Forbes">
NUblog- a very good blog that deals with plenty of international issues on
the web
http://www.contenu.nu/nublog.html
A must read if you want your site to work globally, even if it is in English
only
</tip>