[thelist] IUSR_machinename - is it part of 'everyone' group?

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Mon Jun 25 11:19:00 CDT 2001

I am sorry.  I didn't answer the question did I, lol.
No the IUSR_machine name account must be explicitly added to the group.  I
get a little foggy there, (haven't done it in a while).  I think you may
have to create the account and add it to the domain first, I forget.  I
don't think that the account exists normally.  Maybe someone else can chime
in here.  I always turn off Anonymous access and go with the NT privs.

1 note: If you want to implement the NT privelages on the Intranet thingy.
You have to turn off the anonymous access.  Otherwise the anonymous account
is passed on anyways, (it takes presidence).

Brian W. King