[thelist] More Smart Tags

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 25 12:48:13 CDT 2001

aardvark wrote on 25/6/01 5:34 pm

>SmartTags is not inherently a monopoly issue, it's
>a feature that is unfortunate at best...

In principle it's not. It all depends on how it's implemented.

If it's an open db like cddb or a search engine, then I'm happy.
If the only way to get linked in the default install is to hand over
large lumps of cash to MS, I'm unhappy cos that's a monopolistic
position.

I don't even mind if it's an open db which is initially
principally populated with MS properties - you have to
start somewhere.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland