[thelist] More Smart Tags

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Mon Jun 25 13:39:59 CDT 2001

1. Site owners and browser users should be allowed to opt-in only. Don't force me and things won't seem forced.

2. The inclusion of Smart Tags is "a modification or derivitave work" of the original content of a site (according to legal beagles who called me in to chat about this and wanted me to begin adding the opt-out meta-tag immediately even though the new site design is due out very quickly) and therefore represents a copyright violation.

3. Do you want me to add my tags to your content?

'nuff said...

Jay Blanchard
Thermon Industries, Inc.
1.800.820.HEAT x327