[thelist] More Smart Tags

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Mon Jun 25 13:41:14 CDT 2001

Hi Gang,

I have to admit, my initial impression was decidedly in the "smart tags are
evil" camp. [Insert emotional outrage at external content editing here.]

After reading quite a few of the posted links, I think I've softened my
stance a bit ... I think I'm solidly in the "smart tags suck" camp.

Here's why --- I do "internal" sites.  I'm thinking that smart tags are
gonna have the following impact on me:

User #1 - "Ron, you gotta add this column to the report ... so I can smart
tag it into my Excel presentation that goes up to the division head."

Ron - "Okay."

User #2 - "Ron, what the hell did you do? That new column f***s up the smart
tag link in my Excel presentation that goes to the steering committee."

Basically, I'm seeing these "office automation simplification buggerers" as
causing much more "busy work" for folks like me ... not unlike touching up
other peoples VB macros ... which (IMO) is "not big fun".(tm)

Am I off base here?

RonL.