[thelist] re: [was]combining scripts popups and tooltips -- [is] changing the x and y access points programatically

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 25 14:07:54 CDT 2001

> Message: 17
> From: "Kevin" <krr at ix.netcom.com>
> To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:38:41 -0700
> charset="iso-8859-1"
> Subject: [thelist] combining scripts popups and tooltips
>
> I would like to combine the effects of one script and use
> them in conjunction with another.
>
> I have an image map, When I mouseOver any of the
> Hot Spots I would Like the image to load into a popup
> window similar to a tool tip window. The major reason
> for this is that the image map has hot spots along browser
> windows edge. And the effect of the larger image off the
> mouse cursor really would make a difference.
>
> I have a copy of this script from http://www.bratta.com
> that is a great example of using the tool tips. I also have
> another script that I use to create popup windows for

<snip>

I was able to resolve everything but the function needed to reverse
the image when it floats outside of the browser window.

I currently have two variables that are used to define the x and y
axis points. "IE -- The distance from the mouse cursor.

I could use some help writting a function that dynamically rewrites
these "x and y" variables so that if the popup image floats outside of
the browser window function "reverse image will load and rewrite the
values.

Could anyone give some ideas on how I can start this process?
I've never seen anything that handles this type of work and my
javascript skills are relatively new.

Thank You
Kevin