[thelist] Some FACTS on Smart Tags (I just downloaded the bro wser)

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Mon Jun 25 16:38:49 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 12:58 PM 6/25/01 -0500, Ryan Finley bequeathed such
tales as these:
><<
> > - I turned on the Smart Tags, and went to MSN.com...I thought that this
> > would be the best place to see them.  But I didn't see anything yet.  It's
> > because Microsoft does not bundle Smart Tags with the browser.
> > You have to
> > download them.
>
>I had the same experience. I installed IE6 and was like ... so where's the
>smart tags? I thought the browser was going to make them up on the fly? Or
>did I misread something?
> >>

>To add...the Smart Tags I downloaded showed up separately in "Add/Remove
>Programs".  So not only are they are a separate install from the browser,
>but they can be removed at any time.

The Smart tags are built into Office XP and will be active by default in XP
when it hits the shelves this October. Get XP and try out IE6 in it, it's a
different user experience from everything else out of Redmond so far.
Peter Kaulback