[thelist] Smart Tags- Go on the offensive, not defensive

bradclark1 bradclark1 at msn.com
Mon Jun 25 18:52:18 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin" <martin at members.evolt.org>

> bradclark1 wrote on 25/6/01 11:50 pm
>
> >If your page has "copyright" on it, can't microsoft be forced to
> >automatically disable the Smart Tags irregardless of what the surfer
wants?

>>> snip

> So from your logic (and I'm not saying it's bad logic), MS would
> be forced to automatically disable Smart Tags on all pages where
> rights to copy etc aren't explictly given.
> >>snip
> Cheers
> Martin

Let me narrow it down some.
 If they modify you site without your permission, wouldn't that be an
infringement of your copyright or your
Intellectual Property? They are modifying what is not theirs to modify.
Or, can they be billed per user click from your site like a banner ad
because that is essentially what it is.
I might be simple-minded, but to me the infringement and/or the billing is
staring one right in the face. If Billy Gates is making money on it, why
can't we. We are being used as the vehicle for the link/ad. Or am I missing
something?

brad