[thelist] More Smart Tags

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 25 22:39:27 CDT 2001

> > Yeah, we've all grabbed pictures.
> >
> > My issue of concern is that Microsoft are making it easy and acceptable
> > , even encouraging the user to take pictures from my site and
> > redistribute them.

Netscape also automatically saves every image you view when browsing.
They're stored locally in a cache.

I believe this has been happening for a few years.

Do you also think it's a bad thing that people can print your web sites? Or
that they can right-click a document of yours and select print? Should it be
a difficult process, to discourage printing, for the people who would rather
that their content wasn't printed?

These are features that make performing common tasks easier for users. Like
the claw on a hammer (allowing removal of nails, as well as the regular
hammering action). Would you have screamed at its introduction that this
claw was another feature of pure evil because it made killing even easier?
("Oh no, now hammer owners across the world can puncture AND crush!")

isaac

0414 758 000 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au