Not for long (was Re: [thelist] More Smart Tags)

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Jun 26 07:41:34 CDT 2001

> >> There's a big difference between: "My CSS looks terrible on this guy's
> >> browser" and "My CSS sent him a link to MSNBC" ;-)
> >
> >and Greg responded:
>
> > Not for long.  Check out CSS3 "behaviors" ;)
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-becss-19990804
>
> Ahhh, a good point that exposes my less than stellar knowledge of the CSS
> spec .....but that scenario would still be at the behest of the
> page creator
> (or the end user, browsing with their own stylesheet), niether of
> which I'd
> have any trouble with.

As a side note to this, a friend of mine developed a style sheet that you
could apply to IE5. It automatically detects common banner size images and
hides them. This creates, virtually, an "ads free" web. Plus, the site owner
doesn't lose any impressions. If anyone wants a copy of this style sheet,
let me know.

Ray Camden