[thelist] More E-Commerce Questions (Liability, Encryption)

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 13:38:21 CDT 2001

Yes, the full card numbers are stored in the batches with Authorizenet. And you can use
their virtual terminal to authorize and capture repetitive transactions, process refunds,
etc.

These are manual transactions, though, so it's not like you could use XML to ask the
gateway to charge cutomer number 1234567 for x dollars, you actually have to go into the
virtual terminal and do it by hand.

But it CAN be done, and for one-offs like refunds, etc., it works without me having to
store a card number on my site.

/rg