[thelist] Flash and sound

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jun 27 11:59:59 CDT 2001

Most likely explanation is that the Player in the Netscape you're
using is an old version. Install
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/ and I bet it will work
fine ... tell visitors to do the same thing if you detect an old
Player and it will work fine for them too.

PS - wav files are not embedded in swfs - when you export the movie,
it compresses the audio according to whatever compression setting you
choose and it becomes part of the file. If there is a wav file on the
server that's playing, it's not being played by Flash and the problem
lies elsewhere.

--

- Erik Mattheis

Weaning self off M$.