[thelist] javascript://

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 00:21:02 CDT 2001

bruce,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Bruce Heerssen
:
: I'll take a stab at it. I think that it's
: because the "javascript://" portion is
: trying to execute while the form is trying
: to submit, which causes a conflict. I think
: the href is winning, but nothing actually
: happens because there's nowhere to go. Try
: putting in a url and see what happens.
:
: Whatcha think, am I on base here?

nope.  a portion of my example wasn't included causing you to be thrown for
a loop.  the missing part is the "return false" as the last bit of the
onclick event handler.  that bit keeps the browser from even attempting to
execute the contents of the href attribute.

close though,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org