[thelist] Events in layers

Fraser, Pete [Soundcraft UK] Peter.Fraser at Soundcraft.com
Thu Jun 28 06:22:53 CDT 2001

I have a web page with a pop-up window which is an IE layer <div....></div>
The pop-up appears when a link is clicked and disappears when the pop-up is
clicked as I have an onclick handler in the layer definition.
However, if I click outside the layer/popup the popup stays up and I don't
want it to!
I've tried an onblur event for the layer (it doesn't get called) and neither
does an onclick handler for the document (is this supposed to?)

Does anyone have any ideas to get me out of this one. The popup MUST stay up
until clicked anywhere else (other frames etc.)

Thanks in advance, Pete