[thelist] flash and bitmaps

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jun 28 12:17:20 CDT 2001

>My thought was to do navigation and text as apart of different
>scenes in the SWF file, and as you move from scene to scene the
>various jpgs and gifs are retrieved from the server.

I think I understand what you want to do, you're on the right track
in your thinking ....

You can't load a gif or jpeg from the server into a Flash movie, but
you can load another swf (which can contain bitmaps) into or on top
of a swf which already exists on the page.

Look for the concept loadMovie in the documentation.

PS - and forget about scenes ... you don't want to use scenes. Once
you figure out movie clips and loadMovie you'll realize that scenes
are useless. They're just the leftover of what was a good idea in
Flash 2.
--

- Erik Mattheis

Weaning self off M$.