[thelist] meta tag for charset=iso-8859-1

evolt@spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Thu Jun 28 16:20:20 CDT 2001

A useful quote from Bill's posted page which may answer my non-question
(posed during my non-answer)

"Second, make certain your Web page clearly identifies the character set to
be used in the browser, either in the Content-Type HTTP header or, if you
can't arrange that, with a META tag in the page's HEAD:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

This is in case a reader's browser is configured to use a different set.
Although you could try simply setting the character set to Windows-1252, not
all browsers reliably support it, whereas Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) is a sure
bet. "

spinhead